Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Gearity - Field Observation

I observed a preschool class at Gearity Elementary School.  The kids were adorable, however preschool is not the grade level I prefer.  I could tell the teacher loved her job.  She was very passionate and kind.  The students loved her.  The teacher and her students had their own handshake.  There was another lady in the classroom, as well, to assist the teacher.

The students sat in a circle on a piece of carpet, facing the teacher.  The class started off by singing a song about the weather.  The teacher picks a "meteorologist" to go to the window to tell everyone what the weather looks like outside.  Next, the students would have to go to the board and point to the letter that their name starts with.  The teacher then read to the students.

After that, it was all play.  There were different sections of the classroom for the children to play.  There was an art center for children to craft.  There was an area to give the plastic toys a "bath."  The literacy center had iPads, for the students to play games.  The blocks for building helps with fine motor skills.  Students were divided into different groups.  When I become a teacher, I would like to incorporate the hands-on activities in my class, with whatever I am teaching that day.  I never want my students to stop playing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment